Microsoft has announced End of Support for Office 2010 and has added it to the Microsoft 2020 End of Life List. The tech giant is now urging users to move to the Office 365 ProPlus platform that promises some exciting new developments owing to the fact it is cloud-based and has some powerful Artificial Intelligence capabilities. The good news is that the transition is not only smooth, but it can significantly optimize efficiency and productivity. Let’s understand the industry leader’s 2020 vision, what Microsoft discontinuing Office 2010 means for us, and what should be our next move.
What Is Expected From Microsoft Office In 2020The Office 365 ProPlus platform is designed to handle today’s challenges by encouraging more teamwork and reduce workload. No wonder the company has done so well for decades – they always stay ahead of time, as made evident by the many features offered in Microsoft 365 ProPlus. It’s capabilities include:
- Collaboration Over Spreadsheets And Documents
- Excel XLOOKUP Feature
- Resume Creation In Word
- Auto Transcriptions And Close Captions
- Professional Presentations via PowerPoint Designer
How To Cope-Up With Microsoft End of Support of Office 2010The features mentioned above are not available on Office 2010 or Office 2019, and all of these are integral for better workflows. To upgrade to Office 365 ProPlus take the following steps:
- Ensure that the devices in question are compatible with the new version of MSOffice
- Review your current Office 365 plans, and see if the added features will help you
- See if your applications and documents are compatible with Office 365 ProPlus, use the Readiness Toolkit to assist you.
- Evaluate if the new version fits your current IT infrastructure and environment
- Choose deployment options – from the cloud, from a local source, or with Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager
- Choose how often should the system check for new updates
- Add other languages if required